Sunday, July 8, 2007

Rangnang Ogminling Bendirya Kunphen Ling


I wanted to inform everyone of the above-referenced monastery and medical school/clinic that Rinpoche has asked me to create on His behalf. I am in the process of forming a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit corporation in this name. This is a project that I am hoping will keep Rinpoche here in NJ for a good part of each year. He has expressed to me that He would like to spend the majority of His time here, and this monastery/school/clinic is the first step in ensuring this happens. Upon Rinpoche's request, the location of the monastery will be my home and office for the time being. When Rinpoche returns from Tibet in October, He will be bringing back all the silks and throne materials to make everything formal and official!

As with all ventures of this nature, help from as many interested parties is welcomed and necessary. The areas of help include:
1. Initial Fundraising: to set this monastery up properly and professionally we need to raise approximately $1,000 for the incorporation fees, filing of 501(c)(3) status, lawyer fees, articles of incorporation and bylaw drafting.
2. Website: I have begun putting up a temporary website. The address is http://rangnangogminling.blogspot.com . I am hoping for the assistance of those of you sangha members with web design experience to create a professional website for us. Anyone who can help with this please contact me as soon as possible.
3. On-going Fundraising: to keep the business running, there are a number of on-going fees, including: (a) website maintenance, hosting, design; (b) state and federal corporation and registration fees; (c) raising monies for the eventuality of a separate location (ownership, rental, etc.); (d) funding the workshops, lectures and other Buddhist teachings that will take place at the monastery, etc.
4. Executive Board: We will need to appoint/elect an executive board, so those of you who are interested in being an on-going part of this venture, please contact me.
I am very much determined to have this completed by the time Rinpoche returns from Tibet in October. Thus, time is of the essence!

To make a donation, or to help in any way, please contact me as soon as possible.

Thank you to everyone for their anticipated support. And PLEASE pass this information on to everyone that you know who may be interested in this project and all members of the sangha (as I do not have email addresses for most of them). We will need as much support as possible.

2 comments:

Terri said...

Hi my name is Terri....i got reading this article because i'm very worried on whats going on with me !! I got a twisted bowel and i'm a very high anxiety , paniced person, lots of depression , fears and fobias and my home life is not good in alot of ways !! I have been experiencing very out of the blue heat , in between finger tips head , chest ,back in between my arms where they bend !!When i'm not sweating i'm doing everthing in my power to stay warm the whole time until the huge heat flash or what ever you want to call it comes back !!This happens when i'm sleepling and all threw the day !! Can you please help me understand some of your information , i am confused and scared of what is wrong with me ! I don't expect a diagnosis but just some understanding on what your saying about this internal heat with sweats and this being cold all the time !! If you can give me any information on what might be going on i would appreciate this more than you know !! Thanks for posting all this info , i just wish i could understand better , my doctor says some people just can't keep a normal boby temperature !! Also i'v been experiencing these on and off since last year !! So far it;s been going on for at least 3 or 4 months !!Not early menopause , he did chest exrays last year , tones of blood work too !! I told him i was scared of large and small cell carcinoma !! He says no and i'm wondering if these test are acurate for what worries me so deepley !! Looking forward to hearing from you !! Terri ! And also my face goes beat red as well during a real bad heat flash that last sometimes for 10 to 15 minutes at a time !! I have no appetite i'm sure because of my nerves but not sure !! I am a smoker and 43 years old 44 in March !! Sorry for making this long but i'm deparate , thanks again !! God Bless !!

Ross Rosen said...

Hi Terri,
I'm sorry to hear about your difficulties. From the symptoms alone it is not possible to give any advice/suggestions or diagnoses as these are always tailored specifically based upon a thorough evaluation from the Chinese medical paradigm. If you are interested, we are happy to set up a consultation. Simply call us at (908) 654-4333 and we can set that up for you.

Best of luck.

Ross