Call-in ALERT !!
We are quickly approaching the Jan.1 deadline for NJ’s mandated flu shot
We just don’t know how many kids will be excluded from daycare & pre-school if they don’t have their flu shot as of January 1, 2009. We have never needed Vaccination Choice in NJ more… act now
And let your voice be heard! Apparently 10,000+ signatures on our petition are not getting the attention of NJ lawmakers.
Make just 5 phone calls (and email to everyone you know, to do the same) if you value VACCINATION CHOICE
Call-in will be on Mon. Dec. 1- Wed. Dec. 3 (and beyond).
Who to call:
(1) Governor Jon Corzine: (609) 292- 6000
(2) Heather Howard (NJ Health Commissioner): (609) 292-7837, or try her email: email@example.com or fax: (609) 984-5474
(3) Your 3 NJ Legislators: To find your district and your 3 state legislators, go to http://www.njleg.state.nj.us/
and then check here to see if they are one of 35 sponsors already http://njvaccinationchoice.org
- it’s important to thank those already signed on, and encourage them to actively work to push it forward.
- If they are NOT on board- ask them urgently to co-sponsor NJ legislative bill A260/S1071, the Conscientious Exemption to Mandatory Immunization.
As the Jan. 1 mandatory flu shot deadline is upon us, it is URGENT that they support and pass
Assembly Bill A260 (on the Senate side it's known as S1071) as soon as possible. If time permits, share your own reasons why you want vaccination choice.
The coalition would also like to hear your stories of how the current system of religious and medical exemptions in NJ are working for your family. Please email them directly to: Sue at NJAICV@aol.com
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
If you want to go further:
(1) Call other key legislators that can move this forward:
Assembly Speaker Joseph Roberts (856) 742-7600 – leader of NJ Assembly
Senate Pres. Richard Codey (973) 731-6770 – leader of NJ Senate, sometime NJ Governor
Senator Joseph Vitale (732) 855-7441 – Chair, Senate Health Committee
Senator Loretta Weinberg (201) 928-0100 – Vice-Chair, Senate Health Committee
(2) Refer to the Coalition’s Top Ten Reasons NJ needs this legislation, for talking points
(3) Visit the New Jersey Coalition for Vaccination Choice (NJCVC) at http://njvaccinationchoice.org
Our web page has:
- updates on CVC efforts (click here for a Status Report)
- coming shortly - FAQ’s about the new mandates
- how you can help support & join this fight
- timely news & info on our Blog
- informative video clips
- Details/pictures of our Oct. 2008 Rally in Trenton
- useful links for doing more research yourself
- and more…